Monday, June 13, 2011

The Clacks, Clacks Canyon, Kingman, Az

Not too much to report today, but I did explore a new climbing area that I am dying...re-phrase...that will make it hard to sleep tonight: Clacks Canyon.
In true Ya'WannaBumAQuarter style the boulder spot is in need of development...So bring yer' brushes folks! Meaning, I'm bringing my brushes.

I was going to put off going back until after the weekend, because Badnic is coming up, but why wait? There's always after work. So whats in store for morrow?
*«:::B:::» «:::O:::» «:::O:::» «:::O:::» «:::O:::» «:::M!:::»*


Isn't she a beaut? I call her the Three-Quarter Boulder, 3/4 Boulder.
Shes pretty much square, and 3/4 of the sides have great potential.
I think the most prominent side, the one facing you know is going to be sent.

o00o---°(_)°---o00o-- This side however --o00o---°(_)°---o00o

In addition to the nice project of arranging the pile of small stones below,
this side has some tough, nice, pockets. Its all lava, but relatively smooth.
Whats nice, is this boulder will allow more confidence--for the rock is also
very sturdy.

When I get tired of being pampered by, relatively clean rock, I will be
working/developing this sit-start of a problem. We'll see! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment