Saturday, June 11, 2011

Progress and New Problems

Saweeeet, finally got enough lock off strength and worked a heel hook enough to get over this buldgy sit start I've been working. Though I tried the top-out again and it shut me down. Still piecing together the north-side of the YaWanna'BumAQuarter Boulder.

Feel a lot better getting out though. The hike up to the YaW'BAQ Boulder got me stoked to attack the unnamed problem--where the heel hook to side pull came quick, I threw my chest into the face and locked off...Bumping my right hand from the start to a nice crimp I was able to keep working my body over the buldge. New crap arose though, still near the ground a foot has the tendency to touch as I work through the problem. Piecing this thing together, I hope to FA soon.

New problem! It has a similar start, on the Quartz flake. Can't decide on which direction to go yet, but ultimately its going to go over a less worked section of the YaW'BAQ Boulder to a beautiful Jug at the top--well I hope its beautiful when I get there.

Worked all the same problems today--drank some beer, came back and did some pull ups.
80 degrees right now folks! Love'n that!

No comments:

Post a Comment